Dr. Fernando practices in our West Haven office. He is affiliated with Milford Hospital, Yale-New Haven Hospital’s York Street campus and Yale-New Haven Saint Raphael campus.
Dr. Benedict L. Fernando attended medical school at the University of Ceylon in Sri Lanka and did his Residency in Internal Medicine and Fellowship in Allergy and Infectious Disease at the Hospital of Saint Raphael. While there, he was an emergency room attending physician for 10 years before he joined the West Haven Medical Group. At the Hospital of Saint Raphael, Dr. Fernando was also a member of the medical board, president of medical staff, and a trustee. Dr. Fernando is an associate clinical professor at Yale University School of Medicine and has privileges at Yale-New Haven Hospital. He is Board Certified in Internal Medicine.
- University of Ceylon, 1970, MBBS
- Board Certified in Internal Medicine, 1976
Post Graduate Training
- Infectious Disease, Allergy, Rheumatology Fellowship, 1977, Hospital of Saint Raphael
- Chief Resident, 1975, Hospital of Saint Raphael
- Internal Medicine Residency, 1974, Hospital of Saint Raphael
- Rotating Internship, 1972, Union Hospital Massachusetts
- Internal Medicine Internship, 1971, General Hospital Ceylon