Dr. Afolalu practices in our North Haven and Orange offices. He is affiliated with Gaylord Hospital, Bridgeport Hospital Milford Campus, St. Vincent’s Medical Center, Yale-New Haven Hospital York Street campus and Yale-New Haven Hospital Saint Raphael campus.
Dr. Afolalu was born in Nigeria and received his M.D. from the University of Ibadan’s University College Hospital in Ibadan, Nigeria. He developed an interest in kidney disease while in medical school because of the prevalence of kidney disease in the area. After moving to the United States, he was a Resident in Internal Medicine and later completed a Fellowship in Nephrology at the Hospital of Saint Raphael.
Dr. Afolalu joined PACT Kidney Center, formerly known as Connecticut Kidney Center in 2009. He attends to patients at Yale-New Haven Hospital Saint Raphael campus, Yale-New Haven Hospital, Milford Hospital, St. Vincent’s Medical Center and Gaylord Hospital. He is a member of the medical advisory board of the National Kidney Foundation and a Fellow of the American College of Physicians. His special interests are in chronic kidney disease and dialysis. He has won several awards for academic excellence, for teaching, and for his volunteer work with the National Kidney Foundation.
- University of Ibadan’s University College Hospital, Nigeria, 1998, M.D.
- Board Certified in Internal Medicine, 2007
- Board Certified in Nephrology, 2009
Post Graduate Training
- Nephrology Fellowship, 2009, Hospital of Saint Raphael
- Internal Medicine Residency, 2007, Hospital of Saint Raphael
- American College of Physicians
- American Society of Nephrologists