Dr. Valashinas sees patients in our Milford office. She is affiliated with St. Vincent's Medical Center.
Dr. Valashinas is a native of upstate New York board certified in Rheumatology and a Fellow of both the American College of Rheumatology as well as the American College of Osteopathic Internists. She earned her undergraduate Bachelor of Arts degree at the University of Texas at Austin and completed medical school in 2002 at the University of North Texas Health Science Center, Texas College of Osteopathic Medicine. Dr. Valashinas served as an Assistant Professor in Rheumatology at the University of North Texas Health Science Center for several years following her fellowship and most recently was in a private practice multi-specialty group in North Texas. She was drawn to the field of Rheumatology due to the often complex presentation of rheumatic diseases, the ability to develop a strong physician-patient partnership, and the ever-expanding array of disease modifying agents available to treat and potentially prevent the progression of many autoimmune diseases.
- University of North Texas Health Science Center, 2002, D.O.
- University of Texas, Austin, 1991, B.A. Political Science
- Board Certified, Rheumatology
Post Graduate Training
- Rheumatology Fellowship, Chief Fellow, 2008, University of North Texas Health Science Center and Plaza Medical Center
- Internal Medicine Residency, 2005, University of North Texas Health Science Center and Plaza Medical Center
- Fellow of the American College of Rheumatology
- Fellow of th American College of Osteopathic Internists
- American Osteopathic Association