Dr. Ionescu practices in our West Haven office. She is affiliated with Milford Hospital, Yale-New Haven Hospital’s York Street campus and Yale-New Haven Hospital Saint Raphael campus.
Dr. Ionescu is board certified in internal medicine and geriatrics by the American Board of Internal Medicine. She attended medical school at the Carol Davila University of Medicine and Pharmacy in Bucharest, Romania. She completed her internal medicine residency training and geriatrics fellowship training at Yale-New Haven Hospital’s Saint Raphael campus. Dr. Ionescu was a clinician educator in the Internal Medicine Department Section of Geriatrics at Yale-New Haven Hospital’s Saint Raphael campus from 2007 to 2011. She currently runs the geriatric assessment program at Masonicare in Wallingford, Connecticut. She teaches medical residents from the University of Connecticut and medical students from Quinnipiac Medical School.
Dr. Ionescu specializes in the unique healthcare needs of older adults, for whom she performs comprehensive evaluations of cognitive, emotional and physical functions. She also conducts geriatric assessments to evaluate for memory loss and dementia, mood and behavioral problems, gait disorders and falls, polypharmacy, chronic pain, functional impairment, social support, home safety, consideration of change in living situation, and unexplained symptoms. The goals of the assessment are to maximize function and promote successful aging.
- Carol Davila University of Medicine and Pharmacy, 1999, M.D.
- Petru Poni College, 1993, B.S., biology and chemistry
- Board certified in internal medicine, 2006
- Board certified in geriatrics, 2007
Post Graduate Training
- Geriatric fellowship, 2007, Hospital of Saint Raphael
- Internal medicine residency, 2006, Hospital of Saint Raphael
- American Geriatrics Society
- Gerontological Society of America
- American College of Physicians