Dr. Monaco practices in our Hamden office. He is affiliated with Milford Hospital, Yale-New Haven Hospital’s York Street campus and Yale-New Haven Hospital Saint Raphael campus.
Dr. Monaco attended Manhattan College, where he received a B.S. in biology. He attended Sapienza-Universita’ di Roma in Italy, where he received his doctoral degree in medicine and surgery. He completed his internship and residency in internal medicine at St. Vincent’s Medical Center in Bridgeport and opened his own practice in Hamden in 1988. Mount Carmel Medical Associates, where he still practices, was established in Hamden in 1998.
Dr. Monaco is the medical director at Hamden Rehabilitation and Health Care Center. He is an attending physician at Whitney Manor and at Arden House. He is also an associate clinical professor of medicine at Quinnipiac Medical School.
Awards & Accolades
2021 “Best Family Doctor Winner”
New Haven Register Reader’s Poll
- Sapienza-Universita’ di Roma, 1984, M.D.
- Manhattan College, 1978, B.S., biology
- American Board of Internal Medicine, 1989
Post Graduate Training
- Internal medicine internship and residency, 1987, St. Vincent’s Medical Center
- American College of Physicians
- Connecticut State Medical Society
- New Haven County Medical Association