Dr. Taylor practices in our Hamden and Milford offices. He is affiliated with Yale-New Haven Hospital Saint Raphael campus, Milford Hospital and Yale-New Haven Hospital.
Dr. Taylor was born in Colorado Springs, Colorado. He attended the University of Rochester in New York, where he received a B.A. degree while completing an M.A in gerontology from the University of Chicago. He then moved to Boston, where he obtained his M.D. from Tufts University School of Medicine. From there, he completed his internship and residency in internal medicine at Michael Reese Hospital and Medical Center at the University of Chicago and his gastroenterology fellowship at Harvard Medical School’s Beth Israel Hospital.
Dr. Taylor founded Gastroenterology Center of Connecticut and Endoscopy Center of Connecticut in 1997 with Dr. Troncale. He also served as chief of gastroenterology at Milford Hospital from 1999 to 2001. Dr. Taylor is editor-in-chief and contributing author of two major gastroenterology textbooks, titled Gastrointestinal Emergencies, which have been translated into Chinese and are still recommended as textbooks in many gastroenterology training programs.
Dr. Taylor has been chosen as a “Top Doc” by Connecticut Magazine for the past seven years and selected as one of the “Best Doctors in America” for 19 consecutive years. He also is featured in Cambridge edition of Who’s Who.
- Tufts University School of Medicine, 1981, M.D.
- University of Chicago, 1977, M.A. gerontology
- University of Rochester, 1977, B.A., cum laude
- Board certified in gastroenterology, 1989
- Board certified in internal medicine, 1984
Post Graduate Training
- Gastroenterology fellowship, 1987, Beth Israel Hospital Harvard Medical School
- Internal medicine residency, 1984, Michael Reese Hospital and Medical Center, University of Chicago
- Internal Medicine Internship, 1982, Michael Reese Hospital and Medical Center, University of Chicago
- American Gastroenterological Association
- American Society for Gastrointestinal Endoscopy
- American Medical Association
- New Haven Medical Society
- Connecticut State Medical Society
- Celiac disease*
- Colorectal cancer screening
- Crohn’s disease and colitis
- Eosinophilic esophagitis
- Gastrointestinal emergencies*
- Inflammatory bowel disease
- Irritable bowel syndrome
- Pancreatic disease
- Reflux / Barrett’s esophagus / gastroesophageal reflux disease*
- Small bowel diseases
- *special interests