Dr. John Bonadies practices in our Hamden office. He is affiliated with Griffin Hospital, St. Vincent's Medical Center, Mid-State Medical Center, North Haven Surgery Center, Yale-New Haven Hospital’s York Street campus and Yale-New Haven Hospital Saint Raphael campus.
Dr. Bonadies earned his Medical Degree in 1988 from the University of Vermont College of Medicine following his undergraduate education at Cornell University. He returned home to New Haven to complete his surgical training at the Hospital of Saint Raphael and ultimately established his practice. He garnered further expertise in trauma and critical care at Hartford Hospital before returning to the Hospital of Saint Raphael to direct the surgical intensive care unit and the trauma program.
With expertise across the entire spectrum of general surgical problems from the routine to the unusual, Dr. Bonadies has garnered a wealth of experience caring for patients over his 20-plus-year career.
Dr. Bonadies is proud to be Board Certified in General Surgery by the American Board of Surgery. He is an active Fellow of the American College of Surgeons and holds membership in numerous surgical societies, including the prestigious New England Surgical Society.
Dr. Bonadies has received recognition for his teaching of surgery to young surgeons and for his dedication to patient care.
- University of Vermont College of Medicine, 1988, M.D.
- Cornell University, 1982, B.A., Biological Science
- American Board of Surgery, 2004
Post Graduate Training
- Surgical Critical Care/Trauma Preceptorship, 1995, Hartford Hospital
- General Surgery Chief Resident, 1993, Hospital of Saint Raphael
- General Surgery Residency, 1992, Hospital of Saint Raphael
- General Surgery Internship, 1989, Hospital of Saint Raphael
- American Association for the Surgery of Trauma
- American College of Surgeons, fellow
- Society of Critical Care Medicine
- Eastern Association for the Surgery of Trauma
- American Trauma Society
- Society of Laparoendoscopic Surgeons
- Society for the Surgery of the Alimentary Tract Foundation
- Connecticut State Medical Society
- American Hernia Society
- New England Surgical Society