Dr. Aversa practices in our Ansonia and Hamden offices. He is affiliated with Griffin Hospital, St. Vincent's Medical Center, Mid-State Medical Center, North Haven Surgery Center, Yale-New Haven Hospital’s York Street campus and Yale-New Haven Hospital Saint Raphael campus.
Dr. Aversa earned his Medical Degree from the Philadelphia College of Osteopathic Medicine in 2000. He received his general surgery training at the Hospital of Saint Raphael in New Haven. After graduating in 2006 Dr. Aversa went on to pursue additional surgical specialty training: He completed a fellowship in minimally invasive and advanced laparoscopic surgery in 2007 and in 2008 he completed a fellowship in colon and rectal surgery. Dr. Aversa then returned to Connecticut and began his colon and rectal surgery practice.
Dr. Aversa is a Fellow of the American College of Surgeons. He has been doing da Vinci robotic surgery since 2012 and was one of the first surgeons in the country to perform InterStim surgery for the treatment of fecal incontinence.
- Philadelphia College of Osteopathic Medicine, 2000, D.O.
- Quinnipiac College, 1996, B.S., Physical Therapy, 1996
- Colon and Rectal Surgery, 2009
- Surgery, 2007
Post Graduate Training
- Colon and Rectal Surgery Fellow, Colon & Rectal Clinic of Orlando, 2008
- Minimally Invasive Surgery and Clinical Research Fellow, Colon & Rectal Clinic of Orlando, 2007
- General Surgery Residency, Hospital of Saint Raphael, 2006
- Internal Medicine Internship, Hospital of Saint Raphael, 2001
- American Society of Colon and Rectal Surgeons
- American College of Surgeons
- Society of American Gastrointestinal and Endoscopic Surgeons
- New England Society of Colon and Rectal Surgeons
- Minimally Invasive and Robotic Surgery
- Surgical Treatment of Colon and Rectal Cancer
- Surgical Treatment of Inflammatory Bowel Disease
- Surgical Treatment of Pelvic Floor Disorders