Dr. Chan practices in our Hamden and Guilford offices. He is affiliated with Bridgeport Hospital-Milford Campus and Yale-New Haven Hospital St. Raphael campus.
Dr. Chan is a native of Los Altos, California and attended Brown University where he graduated Magna Cum Laude with a Bachelor's Degree in Biology. He then moved to New York where he received his M.D. from Columbia University and its College of Physicians and Surgeons. From there, he moved to Connecticut where he completed his internship and residency in Internal Medicine at Yale-New Haven Hospital and the Yale University School of Medicine. After completing his residency, Dr. Chan spent a year as a Chief Resident in Internal Medicine before joining the Yale University School of Medicine's Department of Digestive Diseases where he completed his fellowship.
Dr. Chan joined PACT Gastroenterology Center, a part of Hartford Healthcare Medical Group, formerly known as GCC, in 2010 and his special interests include hepatology, gastroesophageal reflux disease, inflammatory bowel disease, and general gastrointestinal diseases.
- Columbia University College of Physicians and Surgeons, 2003, M.D.
- Brown University, 1998, B.A., biology, magna cum laude
- Board certified in gastroenterology, 2010
- Board certified in internal medicine, 2007
Post Graduate Training
- Gastroenterology fellowship, 2010, Yale University School of Medicine
- Internal medicine chief resident, 2007, Yale University School of Medicine
- Internal medicine residency, 2006, Yale University School of Medicine
- American College of Physicians
- American College of Gastroenterology
- American Gastroenterological Association
- American Society for Gastrointestinal Endoscopy
- Capsule endoscopy*
- Celiac disease
- Colon cancer genetics
- Colorectal cancer screening
- Crohn’s disease and colitis
- Eosinophilic esophagitis
- Gastrointestinal diseases*
- Irritable bowel syndrome
- Liver disorders (including hepatitis)*
- Pancreatic disease
- Reflux / Barrett’s esophagus / gastroesophageal reflux disease
- Small bowel diseases
- *special interests