Dr. Chan practices in our Hamden and Guilford offices. He is affiliated with Milford Hospital, Yale-New Haven Hospital’s York Street campus and Yale-New Haven Hospital Saint Raphael campus.
Dr. Chan is a native of Los Altos, California. He attended Brown University, where he graduated magna cum laude with a bachelor’s degree in biology. He then moved to New York, where he received his M.D. from Columbia University and its College of Physicians and Surgeons. He then moved to Connecticut, where he completed his internship and residency in internal medicine at Yale-New Haven Hospital and the Yale University School of Medicine. After completing his residency, Dr. Chan joined the Yale University School of Medicine’s Department of Digestive Diseases, where he completed his fellowship.
Dr. Chan joined Gastroenterology Center of Connecticut in 2010. His special interests include inflammatory bowel disease, gastroesophageal reflux disease, hepatology and general gastrointestinal diseases.
- Columbia University College of Physicians and Surgeons, 2003, M.D.
- Brown University, 1998, B.A., biology, magna cum laude
- Board certified in gastroenterology, 2010
- Board certified in internal medicine, 2007
Post Graduate Training
- Gastroenterology fellowship, 2010, Yale University School of Medicine
- Internal medicine chief resident, 2007, Yale University School of Medicine
- Internal medicine residency, 2006, Yale University School of Medicine
- American College of Physicians
- American College of Gastroenterology
- American Gastroenterological Association
- American Society for Gastrointestinal Endoscopy
- Capsule endoscopy*
- Celiac disease
- Colon cancer genetics
- Colorectal cancer screening
- Crohn’s disease and colitis
- Eosinophilic esophagitis
- Gastrointestinal diseases*
- Irritable bowel syndrome
- Liver disorders (including hepatitis)*
- Pancreatic disease
- Reflux / Barrett’s esophagus / gastroesophageal reflux disease
- Small bowel diseases
- *special interests