Dr. Chang practices in our Hamden office. He is affiliated with MidState Medical Center, Masonic Geriatric Healthcare, Bridgeport Hospital-Milford Campus, and Yale-New Haven Hospital St. Raphael campus.
Dr. Chang was born in Taipei, Taiwan. He attended Johns Hopkins University in Maryland, where he graduated with a B.A. degree in chemistry. He then received his M.D. and Ph.D. from the University of Michigan Medical School. From there, he completed his internship and residency in internal medicine and his gastroenterology fellowship at the Yale University School of Medicine.
Dr. Chang joined PACT Gastroenterology Center, a part of Hartford Healthcare Medical Group, formerly known as GCC, in 1999. His special interests include colon cancer, liver disease, inflammatory bowel disease and diarrheal illness.
Awards & Accolades
- University of Michigan Medical School, 1990, M.D.
- John Hopkins University, 1986, B.A., chemistry
- Board certified in gastroenterology, 2011
- Board certified in internal medicine, 1999
Post Graduate Training
- Gastroenterology fellowship, 1996, Yale University School of Medicine
- Internal medicine residency, 1993, Yale University School of Medicine
- American Gastroenterological Association
- New Haven County Medical Association
- Celiac disease*
- Colon cancer genetics
- Colorectal cancer screening
- Crohn’s disease and colitis
- Eosinophilic esophagitis
- Irritable bowel syndrome
- Liver disorders (including hepatitis)*
- Pancreatic disease
- Reflux / Barrett’s esophagus / gastroesophageal reflux disease*
- Small bowel diseases
- *special interests