Dr. Helburn practices in our Hamden and Guilford offices. He is affiliated with Bridgeport Hospital Milford Campus, Yale New Haven Hospital York Street Campus and St. Raphael's Campus, and St. Vincent's Medical Center.
Dr. Helburn is a native of Connecticut. He attended Brandeis University for his undergraduate studies, graduating Cum Laude with a Bachelor of Arts and Science.
He went on to attend the University of Vermont College of Medicine for his Doctorate of Medicine. Dr. Helburn completed his internship and residency training in Internal Medicine at Beth Israel Medical Center in New York. This was followed by a year as Chief Medical Resident. He subsequently completed his fellowship training in Gastroenterology at Beth Israel Medical Center in New York.
Dr. Helburn has been practicing Gastroenterology in New Haven County since 1994 and has been recognized by Connecticut Magazine as one of "Connecticut's Top Doctors". He joined PACT Gastroenterology Center in 2023. His clinical interests include colorectal cancer screening and prevention, reflux disease, functional bowel disorders and general GI disorders.
- University of Vermont College of Medicine, 1988, M.D.
- Brandeis University, 1984, B.A. cum laude
- American Board of Gastroenterology
Post Graduate Training
- Gastroenterology Fellowship, Beth Israel Medical Center, 1994
- Chief Resident, Beth Israel Medical Center, 1992
- Internal Medicine Internship and Residency, Beth Israel Medical Center, 1991
- American College of Physicians
- American Gastroenterology Association
- American College of Gastroenterology
- Colorectal Cancer Screening and Prevention
- Reflux Disease
- Functional Bowel Disorders
- General GI Disorders