Dr. Walaliyadda practices in our West Haven office. He is affiliated with Milford Hospital, Yale-New Haven Hospital’s York Street campus and Yale-New Haven Hospital Saint Raphael campus.
Dr. Walaliyadda graduated from St. George’s University School of Medicine in Grenada, West Indies, where he received the Charles Modica Chancellor’s Award in recognition of academic excellence and outstanding performance in the entire medical curriculum. He then joined the Hospital of Saint Raphael in New Haven as an Intern in General Surgery, followed by an Internship and Residency in Internal Medicine. He was awarded the Best Intern award in 1996 and Best Resident award in 1998. Upon completing his postgraduate training, he joined the West Haven Medical Group in 1998. Dr. Walaliyadda is also the managing partner of West Haven Medical Group. He has taken special interest in care of elderly patients living in long-term care settings and serves as the Medical Director in several extended care facilities. He is Board Certified in Internal Medicine by the American Board of Internal Medicine and is a Certified Medical Director through the American Medical Director Association. He also serves as secretary of the Connecticut Medical Directors Association. He has privileges at Milford Hospital and Yale-New Haven Hospital.
- St. George’s University School of Medicine, 1994, M.D.
- Ministry of Education, 1986, General Certificate of Education, Advanced Level
- Board Certified in Internal Medicine, 1998
- AMDA-Certified Medical Director, 2007
Post Graduate Training
- Internal Medicine Internship and Residency, 1998, Hospital of Saint Raphael
- General Surgery Internship, 1995, Hospital of Saint Raphael
- American Medical Directors Association
- Connecticut State Medical Society
- New Haven County Medical Association