Altman Orthopaedics, Hand to Shoulder Center, a division of PACT, has offices in Hamden and Guilford. Dr. Mark Altman is an attending surgeon on staff at Yale New Haven Hospital and Norwalk Hospital and holds an academic appointment at Yale Medical School as a Clinical Assistant Professor in Orthopaedic Surgery.
Dr. Altman has treated patients with conditions and injuries of the entire upper limb, from the Hand to the Shoulder for over twenty years. His practice includes managing both complex and simple trauma and diseases of the shoulder, elbow, hand and wrist. Treatment of carpal tunnel syndrome; rotator cuff tears; shoulder, elbow, wrist and finger arthritis; dupuytren’s disease; tennis elbow; and nerve entrapment syndromes of the upper limb are some of the more common conditions treated by Dr. Altman. His personal approach to communicating with his patients assures that they have a complete understanding of their diagnosis and treatment plans. Surgery is recommended only if warranted; expensive diagnostic tests are ordered only if necessary; and extended therapy is authorized only if needed.
Dr Altman is one of only a few surgeons in Connecticut to perform elbow replacement surgery for both complex trauma and arthritis, and to replace joints in the fingers for disabling arthritis and pain.
Dr. Altman lives in Madison and enjoys time with his family, outdoor activities, and playing with his dogs.
- Albert Einstein College of Medicine, M.D.
- Swarthmore College, B.A.
- Board certified in Orthopaedic Surgery
- Board certified in Surgery of the Hand
Post Graduate Training
- Hand and Microsurgery Fellowship, Hand Rehabilitation Center at Thomas Jefferson University, Philadelphia, PA
- Orthopedic Residency, New York Presbyterian Hospital at Columbia University, New York, NY
- General Surgery Residency, Roosevelt Hospital, New York, NY
- General Surgery Internship, Tufts New England Medical Center, Boston, MA
- Fellow, American Academy of Orthopedic Surgery (AAOS)
- Member, American Society Surgery of the Hand (ASSH)
- Member, New York Society for Hand Surgery
- Member, Connecticut Orthopedic Society
- Member, New England Hand Society
- Member, New Haven County Medical Society