Dr. Thompson practices in our Hamden and Milford offices. She is affiliated with Milford Hospital, Yale-New Haven Hospital’s York Street campus and Yale-New Haven Hospital Saint Raphael campus.
Dr. Thompson is a native of Holmdel, New Jersey. She attended Yale University, where she graduated with a B.S. degree in molecular, cellular and developmental biology. She then received a Ph.M. degree from the University of Cambridge in Cambridge, England. She moved back to the United States and obtained her M.D. from Johns Hopkins University School of Medicine. From there she completed her internship and residency in internal medicine at Massachusetts General Hospital and a gastroenterology fellowship at Columbia University Medical Center.
Dr. Thompson joined Gastroenterology Center of Connecticut in 2011. Her special interests include celiac disease, Barrett’s esophagus and general gastrointestinal diseases.
- Johns Hopkins University School of Medicine, 2005, M.D.
- University of Cambridge, 2001, M.S., philosophy
- Yale University, 2000, B.S., molecular, cellular and developmental biology,
- Board certified in gastroenterology, 2011
- Board certified in internal medicine, 2008
- magna cum laude
Post Graduate Training
- Digestive and liver disease fellowship, 2011, Columbia University Medical Center
- Internal medicine residency, 2008, Massachusetts General Hospital
- Internal medicine internship, 2006, Massachusetts General Hospital
- American Gastroenterological Association
- American Society for Gastrointestinal Endoscopy
- New York Society for Gastrointestinal Endoscopy
- Celiac disease*
- Colorectal cancer screening
- Crohn’s disease and colitis
- Dietary counseling*
- Eosinophilic esophagitis*
- Irritable bowel syndrome*
- Pancreatic disease
- Reflux / Barrett’s esophagus / gastroesophageal reflux disease*
- Small bowel diseases
- Women’s health*
- *special interests