Dr. Nawaz practices in our Orange office. She is affiliated with Milford Hospital, Yale-New Haven Hospital’s York Street campus and Yale-New Haven Saint Raphael campus.
Dr. Hafsa Nawaz attended medical school at Allama Iqbal Medical College in Pakistan and did her internship and residency at Griffin Hospital in Derby, Connecticut. Dr. Nawaz is board eligible in Internal Medicine and is an attending physician at Milford Hospital and at both Yale-New Haven Hospital campuses. She is the rehabilitation director at Advanced Nursing and Rehabilitation Center of New Haven, assistant medical director at Shady Knoll Health Center in Seymour, Connecticut, and visiting physician at Orange Health Care Center in Orange, Connecticut. She is also an assistant clinical professor of medicine at Frank H. Netter, MD School of Medicine at Quinnipiac University. She has privileges at Milford Hospital and Yale-New Haven Hospital and special interests in preventive care, healthy aging and women’s health. Her publications include:
- “Symptoms of anxiety, depression and posttraumatic stress among survivors of the 2005 Pakistani earthquake.” Disaster Medicine and Public Health Preparedness. 2011 Dec; 5(4):293-9.
- “Longitudinal change in left ventricular hypertrophy in the elderly on antihypertensive therapy.” Connecticut Medicine. 2003 Feb;67(2);67-73
- Allama Iqbal Medical College, 1998, MBBS
- Government Girls Inter College, 1992, B.S., Chemistry, Biology, Physics
- Board Eligible
Post Graduate Training
- Internal Medicine Internship and Residency, 2006, Griffin Hospital
- Connecticut State Medical Society
- New Haven County Medical Association