Dr. Katz practices in our Ansonia and Hamden offices. He is affiliated with Griffin Hospital, Milford Hospital, North Haven Surgery Center, Yale-New Haven Hospital’s York Street campus and Yale-New Haven Hospital Saint Raphael campus.
Dr. Katz earned his undergraduate degree at the University of Miami. He attended the University of South Florida College of Medicine earning his medical degree in 1981. He received his general surgery training at the University of Connecticut/New Britain General Hospital in New Britain. Dr. Katz is Board Certified in General Surgery by the American Board of Surgery. He is a Fellow of the American College of Surgeons. Dr. Katz has been practicing general surgery in the Milford area for the past 31 years.
Dr. Katz has served as the Chairman of the Department of Surgery at Milford Hospital and on the Medical Executive Committee. Dr. Katz also served as the President of the Medical Staff at Milford Hospital. He has served as the President of the New Haven County Society as well as the President of the Connecticut State Medical Society.
- University of South Florida College of Medicine, 1981, M.D.
- University of Miami, 1978, B.S., Chemistry
- American Board of Surgery, 1987, recertified, 1996, 2005, 2017
Post Graduate Training
- General Surgery Chief Resident, 1985-1986, New Britain General Hospital
- General Surgery Residency, 1982-1985, New Britain General Hospital
- General Surgery Internship, 1981-1982, New Britain General Hospital
- American College of Surgeons, Fellow
- New Haven County Medical Association
- Connecticut State Medical Society
- American Medical Association