Dr. Lavy practices in our Hamden office. He is affiliated with Fairfield Surgery Center, Griffin Hospital, Milford Hospital, North Haven Surgery Center, St. Vincent's Hospital, Yale-New Haven Hospital’s York Street campus and Yale-New Haven Hospital Saint Raphael campus.
Dr. Lavy earned his medical degree, with honors, from Ross University in 2011. He completed his General Surgery residency at Robert Wood Johnson Barnabas Health/Monmouth Medical Center in New Jersey, followed by a fellowship in Colon and Rectal Surgery at Cleveland Clinic in Weston, Florida. He is well versed and trained in the fields of minimally invasive surgery including robotics and advanced laparoscopic surgery. When this technique can be used, patients are provided with the benefit of reducing the period of recovery and postoperative pain.
Dr. Lavy’s research on a broad range of topics has been published in several journals, and has also been selected for presentation at regional and national meetings of the American Society for Colon and Rectal Surgeons, the New York Society of Colon and Rectal Surgeons, and The American College of Surgeons. Dr. Lavy has a special interest in Colon and Rectal Cancer and Inflammatory Bowel Disease.
During his training he received several awards, including excellence in teaching and research. Dr. Lavy strives to make each patient feel as though they are his only patient, taking time to listen and explain, giving the patient and family the knowledge to help them understand and participate in making the best treatment choices.
- Ross University, 2011, M.D
- Bucknell University, 2007, B.A.
Post Graduate Training
- Colon and Rectal Surgery Fellowship, 2018, Cleveland Clinic, Weston, FL
- General Surgery Chief Resident, 2016-2017, Monmouth Medical center/RWJ Barnabas Health
- General Surgery Residency, 2017, Monmouth Medical Center/ RWJ Barnabas Health, Long Branch, NJ
- General Surgery Internship, 2012, Pinnacle Health, Harrisburg, PA
- American College of Surgeons
- American Society of Colon and Rectal Surgeons
- Minimally Invasive and Robotic General and Colorectal Surgery
- Surgical Treatment of Colon and Rectal Cancer
- Surgical Treatment of Inflammatory Bowel Disease, Diverticulitis, and Anorectal Disorders